It’s about 3.5 months, y’all. 3.5 months to Nashville and UTOPiACon, to fun, friendships, great food, great books, great panels, and, or course, celebrity sightings!!! I. CAN’T. WAIT!
First, I want to talk about a little restaurant you really outta try. It’s called Monell’s, and it’s maybe about 10 minutes from the hotel–you can get a cab or make friends with someone with a car–there’s plenty of people heading to UTOPiA that will be driving, and I’m dead serious when I say you should try out this historic, family-style restaurant!
I was blessed enough to eat at this restaurant with Misty Provencher, her family, and Carol and Adam Kunz, all amazing authors who seriously light up my life! I didn’t realize Monell’s was a quaint homestyle resturant until we were seated, and it was just amazing! The menu is already set, the tables are huge, and strangers come together for good eats and fellowship–we met some really cool people who were also visiting the Nashville area on holiday, and I just love everything about this place! Perhaps the coolest rule of all: NO CELL PHONES at the table! Monell’s helps create that good-old fashioned fellowship by pairing guests and strangers together; it’s so cool!
So… when in Nashville do what the locals do…Pass the Peas…Please! Great Southern Food served Family Style in Historic Settings. Skillet Fried Chicken, Green Beans, Cheese Grits, Cornbread, Biscuits and gravy, pork chops, pot roast.
The menu changes each day. Go on in, grab a seat at large tables, and start passing the bowls to your left. There’s a set price, which includes meats, vegetables and salads of the day, plus a drink and dessert.
Skillet Fried Chicken Served at Every Meal!
All meals served with our famous skillet fried chicken, meats of the day, several hot southern vegetables, salads, drink, dessert, and biscuits.
All you care to eat. Food served communal style, first come, first served.
- Monday: Chicken and Dumplings and Meatloaf
- Tuesday: Spinach Lasagna & Pot Roast
- Wednesday: Pork Chops, Baked Chicken and Fried Chicken
- Thursday: Sliced Roast Beef w/ Gravy and Meatloaf
- Friday Lunch: Fried Catfish & Spinach Lasagna
- Friday Dinner: add BBQ Ribs
- Weekend Country Breakfast: Smoked Sausage, Bacon, Biscuits and Gravy, Country Ham, Fried Apples, Pancakes, Scrambled Eggs, Hashbrowns, Cheese Grits, Skillet Fried Chicken, Corn Pudding, Coffee
- Saturday Lunch: Meatloaf & Pulled BBQ Pork
- Saturday Dinner: Add Fried Catfish
- Sunday Lunch: Skillet Fried Chicken and Chef’s Choice of meats.
Tax not included
Price includes a variety of meats, southern vegetables, salads, dessert, bread and drink.
Mon– Fri $13.95 + tax
Saturday $14.95 + tax
Sunday $21.00 + tax
Tues – Thurs $16.00 + tax
Fri & Sat $19.00 + tax
Sat & Sun: $14.95 + tax
Children 3 and under Free. Children 4-12 at a Child Price. Children 13 and older full price.
On the go? Try Cafe Monell’s on Bransford Ave near 100 Oaks Mall – open 7 days a week.
Seriously! You have to try this place!!
Other awesome places you may want to check out include:
Jack and Jameson’s — co-owned by Steve Burton (Jason on General Hospital) and Jonathon Jackson (Lucky on General Hospital, now on the TV show ‘Nashville’)
Abbie and Jesse’s 420 Cool Springs Blvd Franklin, TN 37067 – owned by Supermodel Niki Taylor
AND OF COURSE–these Celebrity Hotspots, too:
Kid Rock, when in town, can be found at one on Nashville Gentlemen’s Clubs. Until he is back with Pam, then they like to eat at Valentino’s on West End.
Justin Timberlake likes Bread & co.
Garth Brooks was a regular at the Sonic Drive In on Dickerson Rd in Bellshire.
Most any of the high end restaurants and Starbucks in the Vandy/West End or Cool Springs Area you might have a shot at seeing a star. Weeknights are best, as they don’t keep the same hours as the normal working class.
Kenny Chesney likes PF Changs in Cool Springs and has been spotted there quite a bit.
Nicole Kidman likes the Starbucks at 5 points in Franklin, along with the Country Boy restaurant in Liepers Fork, and she and Keith have been seen at J. Alexanders on the West end, and they like the Green Hills area on Sunday mornings.
Keith Urban goes to the Franklin Farmers Market quite often (every Saturday morning through October…get there early).
Carrie Underwood just moved into Fieldstone Farms in Franklin and has been spotted in the Publix grocery in her subdivision.
Faith Hill has been seen shopping at The Iron Gate on Main Street in Franklin and Leiper’s Fork’s Serenite Maison.
Bluebird Cafe and the Grand Ole Opry (guaranteed sightings)
What are you most looking forward to???
Event Pricing thru June 22, 2016:
Here’s the current** price range you’re looking at to attend–prices go up as we get closer to the con:
==> $119 Silver Package
- 5-day pass to the UTOPiA convention (UTOPiAcon), including welcome bag, keynote speeches, panels, exhibitor hall, karaoke, pre-awards happy hour
- Admission to the Public Signing Event
- Admission to the Fifth Annual UTOPiA Awards and After-Party
- NOT INCLUDED: lunches, apparel, preferred seating at awards, workshops
==> $199 Titanium Package
- 5-day pass to the UTOPiA convention (UTOPiAcon) with VIP Registration/Badge pick-up, as well as a welcome bag, keynote speeches, panels, exhibitor hall, karaoke, pre-awards happy hour
- Admission to the Public Signing Event
- Early seating to the Fifth Annual UTOPiA Awards
- Lunch Thursday and Friday
- Souvenir T-shirt
- NOT INCLUDED: Workshops
==> $41.30 One-Day Fan Wristband
- Admission for one day–you choose the day and purchase the ticket specifically for that day
- Access to all official events — speakers, panels, exhibitor hall, signing area, other official events
- NOT INCLUDED: Workshops, private events, or any other event listed at an additional charge on the ticket page or web site. You must wear your wristband at all times or you will not be allowed into any official area.
==> Want to be an Exhibitor at UTOPiAcon??? Click the link above for prices and info
But act fast, because prices will continue to rise as we get closer to the con date. REFUNDS ARE AVAILABLE until March 31, 2016 (minus processing fee), so act now—I know it’s a few months out, and your circumstances may change, but I highly, highly suggest that you book now.
**prices subject to change—I will post updated prices as they rise. Have questions about UTOPiA 2016: Five-Year Anniversary Convention & Celebration for Writers & Fans? Contact UtopYA, LLC
Still nervous you might not be able to attend in June? Purchase now to lock in the lowest prices, and rest easy knowing refunds, minus the processing fee, are available until March 31, 2016 (or a full refund within 60 days of purchase, whichever comes first).
Remember to check out all of the official blog posts this month for more awesome Nashville sites and eateries: